Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Star Trek Fleet Captains in the Lion's Den

The wargame club gathered around the Lion's Den table at Ken's for a try at the new November birthday present, "Star Trek Fleet Captains." Many people have reveiwed this game and the production quality is reknown for the obstacles and difficulty of actually acquiring a playable copy. I was in that group that purchased a model kit instead of a game. After 3 attempts by customer service I was able to put my copy in play. I bought it in November. It's January.

Enough griping, cue the theme music...


We played a four player version with all 50 space location hexes in play. I got the motion picture soundtrack and played it on the cd player. We had a video from youtube as a game precursor. I emailed this link to the players pre game night. I also downloaded some cheat sheets from the board game geek web site.

The game is fun and has a variety of victory paths. This game went to the might of Klingon combat force. We scored our 12th victory point by causing a catastrophic kill on a Fed science vessel.
Go figure.

We will be playing this game again now that it is on it's legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment